Last year, I have proposed a new concept for data integration in Dynamics GP, which is built upon Macro. Macro are widely known by Dynamics GP users, and is always used with Word - Mail merge functionality. Which seems to me quite static, and lack the capability of building generic coding.
The previous posts delivered one of the most complicated processes in Dynamics GP, Analytical Accounting with General Ledger journals. You may review the process, watch a video tutorial and download the tool from the following link Analytical Accounting Entry (Excel to Dynamics GP) – Free Tool (Beta).
In this post, another tool is being provided for the community, through which inventory adjustment can be integrated through the same excel-based macro generator functionality. Although, I have not linked this excel with the SQL server considering the fact that this one is mostly delivered to End-users with no SQL knowledge. In this essence, all they need to do is to fill out the template and import data into Dynamics GP.
To try the inventory adjustment Macro Generator, follow the steps below:
- Download link for the Inventory Adjustment Macro Generator - Link
- Go to Inventory > Transactions > Transaction Entry
- Create a new batch, make sure that you place the cursor at the type (Adjustment)
- Go to the Excel, and fill out the required details for the adjustments you want to make
- Copy the Column highlighted in the screen shot below into word (to preserve the format)
- Copy it from Word to note pad (with extension .mac) as a macro file
- On the adjustment entry window, play the macro
|Inventory Adjustment - Macro Generator|
Please remember to create a batch, and be aware that a single adjustment number will be created for every location.
This is a pilot for the macro generator, your suggesstions will be taken in further releases.
Your feedback is highly appreciated
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi