In this post, I am sharing an error related to the workflow e-mail actions with the new Dynamics GP Workflow - e-mail actions. The scenario of the case is illustrated below:
- Requisition Management is deployed and used heavily across the departments
- Requisition Management workflow is activated
- Approvals, rejections or delegations is mostly managed through the e-mail actions
All the users are working without any reported issues, except for a specific user that is not able to use the e-mail actions at all.
- The user receives an e-mail for a specific requisition with all the associated details, in order to be approved, rejected or delegated.
- As the user clicks on the appropriate actions; any of the actions, the internet explorer opens with an error. "The server encountered an error processing the request. See server logs for more details"
Workflow e-mail Actions Error
After thorough troubleshooting, it appears that the internet explorer on this specific machine is the root cause of the error, since other users are working smoothly without any reported issues. The setting to be checked is illustrated below:
- On the Internet Explorer, Click on Settings > Internet Options
- On the General Tab, Under Appearance Section, click on "Languages"
- Make sure that the "English" is added under the (Language Preferences)
- As shown below, this specific machine had the "Arabic" added instead of "English" which is why the e-mail action was not working. The issue was resolved as soon as the "English" is added.
|Language Preferences - Arabic|
|Language Preferences - English|
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi