Dynamics GP is a core provider ERP that delivers added value for the organization regarding their financial and supply chain functions primarily. Although, in certain cases, there are certain processes which requires to be automated and to be supported by the ERP system due to the fact that they are highly interconnected with financial or suppl chain functions in the system.
In a recent implementation of Dynamics GP for one of the big 5 trading and distributions companies here in Jordan, there has been a strong demand to automate the vehicles management processes which represents a very essential function in the company, processes include but not limited t:
- To define drivers, vehicles profiles, vehicle expense types, preventive maintenance schedules and vehicle cost centers (which will be later on reflected on the Analytical Accounting module)
- To capture the daily meter reading of the vehicles and provide distance reports and analytical details
- To capture the daily vehicles expenses registry details (which will be integrated with the Accounts Payable with analytical accounting details)
- To provide notifications on the routine tasks for vehicles as derived from the preventive maintenance schedules
- To record and process vehicle custody and ownership, which means that each vehicle is associated with a driver. In case a vehicle custody is assigned to another driver, transfer vehicle transaction must be recorded in order to keep track
- Many other vehicle management processes which could partially have a financial impact.
The only robust solution for such complicated requirement is represented with one product only, eOne Extender. The various capabilities provided by Extender omits any obstacles in Dynamics GP and open the limits for unlimited horizon for the clients requirements.
Backed with complex SQL procedures and Crystal Reports, Extender allowed us to create a complete new module in Dynamics GP to manage the vehicle management processes. Cards, Transactions, transnational and analytical reports.
|Dynamics GP Extender - Cards|
|Dynamics GP Extender - Transactions|
|Vehicle Expense Registry|
In the next posts, further more details about the vehicle management module for Dynamics GP will be illustrated.
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi