Recently, PSTL related case was reported on the community for clients who upgraded to Dynamics GP 2015, it seems there is a problem with the version number of this product and associated dictionary files. Here are the errors:
“InValid Versions ! This version of professional services tools is only compatible on GP 2013”
Important Note !
This is not an upgrade issue, it occurs with new installations of GP 2015 as well.
Special Thanks to Heather Roggeveen on this finding !
“You are not registered for this selected utility”
This was reported as a known issue by the support team, and a chunk file was provided on the partner source to get this resolved. To resolve this problem, follow the steps below:
- Initially, go to control panel and remove the PSTL from the add remove features.
- Once the PSTL is removed, proceed and download the chunk file from the partner source. Here is the download link. Remember, you need a partner source account. So if you only have a customer source account, refer to your partner to provide you with the download file accordingly.
- Unzip the the PSTL_GP_14.0.3_Release.zip file (downloaded in the previous step), and put it in your installation folder on the default path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2015)
Helping Note !
Take a back up of the whole installation folder before placing the chunk file within, it is quite important before running the new code.
- Run Microsoft Dynamics GP as an administrator, you will be prompted with a message that new code must be included in the installation folder, click “Yes” to proceed
- Now open Microsoft Dynamics GO to find the PSTL instead of the customer exception tab.
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi