A nice feature is introduced with Dynamics GP 2015, the main purpose of it is to ensure the correct flow of the transactions as related to vendors. To activate this feature,
- Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Purchasing > Payables.
- On the Payables Management Setup window, there is a check option to “Warn if Vendor has existing purchase order”.
- Have the check box near the “Warning” checked as shown below
Now, on the payable transaction window (Transaction > Purchasing > Transaction Entry ), the system will check whether there is an existing purchase order for the selected vendor and pop up a warning message indicating the possible options.
In order for the warning to pop up, there are logical conditions which are checked for the selected vendor before hand, the flow is described below:
- The warning doesn’t include payables Finance Charges, Miscellaneous Charges, Return or Credit Memo types.
- The warning occurs for vendors with purchase order which status is new, released, change order or received.
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi